Have you ever experienced that: suddenly you remember a taste that you had on your tongue at some time and you just can’t get it out of your head? This recipe is one of those that I can still literally taste from my non-vegan time and I actually finally managed to recreate. And yes, it makes me just as happy as the original did back then!
There are so many ways to serve pasta, but have you ever tried vegan, creamy lemon pasta?
So creamy, tasty and quick to make, it can really lift your spirits. It fits on cold days, but also in summer temperatures.
Creamy lemon pasta
- 100 g pasta
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 30 g soy jogurt
- 30 ml water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon (zest of it)
- Let the cashews soak overnight or scalded with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in salted water as usual.
- Put the lemon zest in a bowl in which the pasta will be mixed with the sauce later.
- Put cashews, soy yogurt, water, apple cider vinegar, salt, lemon juice in a powerful blender. Blend until the sauce has a creamy consistency (take breaks if necessary). This may take several minutes.
- Mix the cooked, hot noodles in the bowl with the lemon zest together with the sauce. Season with more lemon juice and salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle with a little pepper and enjoy!