Just right for fall and pumpkin season, warming spices and hearty dishes come back to the plates again.
Our pumpkin and sweet potato soup is a real soul warmer and can be varied as desired. We often use them to recycle leftovers, although it under rates this tasty soup by far! Even as a standalone it is just incredibly creamy and delicious.
Pumpkin and sweet potato soup
- 150 g Hokkaido pumpkin (without seeds)
- 350 g butternut squash (peeled & without seeds)
- 250 g sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 orange (zest and juice)
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel and chop onions and garlic.
- Cut the two types of pumpkin into larger pieces. Also peel and chop sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions and garlic in it for a few minutes. Add pumpkin, potatoes and sweet potatoes and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with coconut milk and add enough water until the vegetables are just covered.
- Add the paprika powder, turmeric, the zest of the orange peel and salt and cook covered for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Finally puree well and add the juice of half an orange.