Before the far too short plum season is over, we definitively want to recommend this delicious breakfast to you.
Polenta with warm plums is a porridge from polenta (corn semolina) that is briefly boiled with plant milk and maple syrup. And while the semolina is still brewing, the plums are warmed up and ready.
You can cook the porridge the day before and keep it cool. In the morning you just need to warm the plums, add some nuts and for example flaxseeds -perfect breakfast!
Polenta with warm plums
- 60 g polenta
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 200 ml plant milk
- 1 handful plums
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- nuts & seeds (to sprinkle)
- Put polenta, plant milk and maple syrup into a small pot and bring to the boil for a few minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Then put the polenta in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash, stone and cut the plums into halves or quarters.
- Put the plums and lemon juice into a small pot and cook them.
- Depending on the sweetness of the plums, you may want to add some sweetener. Stir it in and let simmer until plums have become a little more soft.
- Add the warm plums to your polenta, sprinkle with some nuts and for example flaxseeds and enjoy!