Sometimes it needs to go fast. And then it can be hard to get good nutrients into your meal. -A (vegan) frozen pizza can be very attractive aswell.
But for these cases we have this tasty and creamy avocado pasta for you. The avocado becomes wonderfully creamy when you puree and if you have something left over, you simply pack the dish and eat it as a salad in the office the next day. -2 in 1 let’s say!
Quick avocado pasta
- 1 avocado (maybe 2 depending on the size)
- 200 g pasta
- 10 leaves basil (fresh works best)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- plant milk (if necessary)
- nutrional yeast (optional)
- salt, pepper
- chili (optional)
- Cook pasta in salted water.
- Wash tomatoes and halve or quarter them.
- Put together avocado, lemon juice, garlic and basil into a bowl and puree.
- Add salt, pepper and chili to taste (can be a little spicier) and combine with the hot, cooked pasta. If it seems to thick (depends also on the avocado) you can add some plant milk. Season to taste once more.
- Now also put in the tomatoes and serve if preferred with some nutritional yeast. Enjoy!
You can add a boost of protein to this dish by using lentil or chickpea noodles instead of common pasta.