Antipasti are great as a starter or together on a big platter with some other delicacies as main course. Our marinated tofu can be made with your favorite herbs and flavors so you can start experimenting for your personal mixture!
With some fresh bread or ciabatta it is just perfect to start your relaxing part of the day.
- 200 g tofu
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion (optional)
- 1 handful black olives (optional)
- Put the tofu between kitchen towels and squeeze it for at least half an hour (e.g. weighed down with a kitchen board and books)
- Finely chop the garlic and, if necessary, cut the red onion into fine rings.
- Then put all the other ingredients except for the black olives in a sealable container and mix.
- When the tofu is squeezed out and can absorb liquid again, cut it into bite-sized cubes and add to the other ingredients.
- Now add the black olives as well.
- Mix everything together carefully so that the tofu cubes are preserved and leave to soak for a few hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Take it out of the refrigerator some time before eating and serve with crispy bread, for example.