Summer is beginning to fade and with this the mood for warm dishes comes back again. Then you sometimes crave for soul warming food.
In this case you are perfectly right here to check out our recipe for an apple galette with walnuts! Apple and walnuts together are already a pretty good match but combined with a crisp dough and straight out of the oven -just perfect for any occasion!
Apple galette with walnuts
- 230 g spelled flour
- 130 g cold plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 untreated lemon (zest of the peel)
- 3-4 apples
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 untreated lemon (juice)
- 30 g walnuts
- 2 tbsp plant drink
- 1 tsp sugar
- For the shortcrust pastry, cut the cold butter into cubes and place in a bowl with the flour.
- Rub crumbly between your fingers and then add the sugar and zest from the lemon peel.
- Gradually add the cold water and quickly knead into a smooth, firm dough. Knead only until the dough has bonded.
- Place the dough in a closed container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the apples, remove the stalk and cut into thin wedges. Mix with sugar and lemon juice and set aside.
- Chop the walnut halves into large pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the fridge, roll it out 2mm thin and spread the apricot jam on top. Leave about 5 cm free all around. Spread the apples on the jam.
- Fold the edge over the apples and distribute the walnuts on top of the apples. Optionally, brush the folded edge with the plant drink and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the galette for a total of 50 minutes on the middle rack, until the edge is slightly colored.