This recipe I can not even call “recipe”, because it is so simple and so varied to suit everyone’s taste, that you can literally do it out of your guts.
Apple dream (overnight) oats
- 5 tbsp oatmeal
- 150 ml plant milk
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- nut butter
- Finely dice ¾ of the apple and put it in a sealable container.
- Seal the remaining apple properly and put to the side.
- Add oatmeal, milk and maple syrup and stir well before putting it into the frigde (preferably overnight or at least a few hours).
- If preferred you also already add some cinnamon.
- Then slice the remaining quarter of the apple and top the oatmeal alongside with berries, nuts and nut butter of your choice.
Overnight oats -a classic and really fast to be done! I personally like this recipe so much because of course it can be made quickly, but also because the apple pieces prevent the oats from having this sometimes very compact texture.
This lightness and the crunch of the apple with the crispness of the nuts or puffed amaranth is really fun on your tongue. You should give it a try!