Super juicy and soft -you can’t imagine!
You love soft and juicy pound cakes? Then you are right at the right spot to find our refreshing version of a lemon cake. It has such a smooth texture, you will have a hard time resisting to have a second slice!
After the regular baking time the cake will be “infused” with a kind of lemon sirup, which is made in no time. This is to boost the lemon flavor and to create this juicy and soft feel on your tongue.
It is put together incredibly fast and probably eaten up again in the same time.
- 260 g flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 200 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- a few drops of Vanilla extract
- 1 pkg baking powder
- 250 ml non-dairy milk
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 2-3 lemons (zest and 2 x 50ml juice)
- 50 g sugar
- Start with mixing vanilla extract, oil, non-dairy milk, 50ml of lemon juice and the zest.
- Then combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now pour the flour mixture and stir until well incorporated. But make sure not to overmix it to prevent the cake becoming dense.
- Put the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes at 180°C (350F).
- Meanwhile put into a small pot 50ml lemon juice and 50g sugar and bring to boil. Then set aside and chill at room temperature while waiting for the cake to be ready.
- When the cake is ready (when toothpick or skewer comes out clean it is perfect), take it out of the oven, and prick the cake to the ground along the whole surface. Don´t forget the edges. Then take the lemon sirup and pour it gently on the cake. The sirup will go into the holes and create this extra soft texture and lemony flavor.